Mark and I bought a place in the country that was totally trashed, but for a very good price. We are fixing it up and moving out of Nashville, though we will keep our Nashville apartment for now.
So, instead of a nice casserole recipe, here is what happened last Friday:
1) Mark went to the Holler Homestead.
2) Mark turned on the well water system.
3) The termite sprayers were there and went into the garage where the water main had burst.
4) Mark turned off the well water system.
5) I drove to the Holler Homestead by way of Lowe's.
6) Everything I had gotten did not work for what we needed, but it turned out that the previous owner, who had repaired said pipe with two hose clamps and a radiator hose, had bought all the parts we needed. He just had never gotten around to actually repairing the pipe.
7) Mark and I, together with our helpful neighbor Pat, fixed the pipe.
8) We celebrated having water in the house again with a nice dinner of pork chops.
Recipe: Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- Salt, pepper, rosemary, Mark's special grill spice mix (available for sale through this site soon)
Rub the spices on the chops and grill for about 4-6 minutes per side until done.
OK, I lied, there is a recipe here - the quick cook chop recipe post water pipe fixing. We served the chops with broccoli spoon bread, salad, and biscuits.
A nice photo of the Holler Homestead property... (Pre bonfire)